Getting Back on Track

No more procrastinating. I have to get back on track and get out of this funky mood I've been in for four months. I've been really busy and yet I feel like I haven't done anything constructive. You ever get in one of those moods where you are just mad or dislike everything? Food doesn't taste good, clothes don't feel good, bad hair days, bad face days, ya just want to crawl under and rock and sleep all day days. My two forms of entertainment lately have either been eating or sleeping. I'm one of those "emotional eaters". I get my feelings hurt....I eat. I get upset.....I eat. Depressed......eat. A celebration or a happy occassion......We EAT!!! Ugh!!! I spent the first five months of this year sweating and working my butt off and watching what I eat to loose 15 pounds. It only took two and a half to gain it all back!!! It's September 1st and I am making a vow that starting tomorrow I am going to get back on track and stay on track through the end of the year. Back to exercising, back to working out, back to eating healthy!!!! No more procrastinating! No more excuses! (although I did have some pretty good ones) Cracked my elbow, chipped my thumb, had my heart broken, and broke my toe. All of which were excuses to pig out or not work out.

Fortunately, most of those have healed and life will go on. I just need to stay focused and make healthy choices for myself, physically and emotionally. Now, check out this new cake recipe!!! Ha Ha!

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Eating From The Pantry/Freezer

Well folks, we are going to try something new for awhile.  The other day I cleaned out my refrigerator, pantry and freezer.  I filled up four trash bags full of trash!  Expired condiments, freezer burned meats, science projects, etc.  I had some limes in my fridge that were a whole different shade of green than the one they are suppose to be!  Yuck!  Anyway, it made me ashamed at ourselves for being so wasteful with food and the money we spent on it!!!  So here is what I decided, after seeing all of the canned goods, condiments,
sauces, frozen vegetables and meat that I have stocked up on, we are going to eat out of the pantry and freezer until we run out.  I may have to get creative but by goodness we are going to use up what we have before we buy more.  Which brings me to our first recipe.....

Crockpot Barbecue Chicken
 
4-6 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast (can be frozen)
1 bottle BBQ sauce
1/4 c vinegar
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp garlic powder


Mix bbq sauce with all ingredients listed under it.  Place chicken in crockpot, pour sauce over chicken and cook on low for 4-6 hours.

This chicken looked and smelled great and was falling off the bone when I took it out to serve.  It was kind of dry for some reason.  It was better when you drizzled the sauce over it.  It made a lot of juices so I was kind of disappointed that the sauce didn't stick to it more and have more of a roasted flavor.  It was still pretty good, I think next time I will start watching it after 4 hours and maybe drain off some of the liquid.  I got this recipe off of Pinterest which I have become obsessed with "surfing" on for my own entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment