Getting Back on Track

No more procrastinating. I have to get back on track and get out of this funky mood I've been in for four months. I've been really busy and yet I feel like I haven't done anything constructive. You ever get in one of those moods where you are just mad or dislike everything? Food doesn't taste good, clothes don't feel good, bad hair days, bad face days, ya just want to crawl under and rock and sleep all day days. My two forms of entertainment lately have either been eating or sleeping. I'm one of those "emotional eaters". I get my feelings hurt....I eat. I get upset.....I eat. Depressed......eat. A celebration or a happy occassion......We EAT!!! Ugh!!! I spent the first five months of this year sweating and working my butt off and watching what I eat to loose 15 pounds. It only took two and a half to gain it all back!!! It's September 1st and I am making a vow that starting tomorrow I am going to get back on track and stay on track through the end of the year. Back to exercising, back to working out, back to eating healthy!!!! No more procrastinating! No more excuses! (although I did have some pretty good ones) Cracked my elbow, chipped my thumb, had my heart broken, and broke my toe. All of which were excuses to pig out or not work out.

Fortunately, most of those have healed and life will go on. I just need to stay focused and make healthy choices for myself, physically and emotionally. Now, check out this new cake recipe!!! Ha Ha!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Grilled Jerk Chicken

4 tsp curry powder
4 tsp ground cumin
4 tsp paprika
3 tsp ground ginger
3 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp coarsely ground pepper
4 bone-in chicken breast halves with skin (8 ounces each)
4 chicken thighs with skin (4 ounces each)
                on the grilljerk chicken and grilled veggies
In a small bowl, combine the first eight  ingredients; rub over the chicken pieces.  Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.  Grill the chicken, covered, over indirect medium heat for 30 – 40 minutes or until juices run clear.  Yield:  4 servings

Normally I cook with boneless, skinless chicken but this recipe called for bone-in with skin.  I removed the skin anyway because we have just gotten use to eating our chicken that way and plus it's healthier.  Now this recipe has a LOT of spices but I have to say that I didn't really taste all of them once it was done.  To me, it could have used a little more salt.  It smelled good while it was cooking and looked really delicious and it was, you just need to either salt it at the table or maybe and another 1/2 tsp to the rub.  It was easy to prepare and you didn't have to make a mess in the kitchen to put it together and clean up was a snap!

No comments:

Post a Comment