Getting Back on Track

No more procrastinating. I have to get back on track and get out of this funky mood I've been in for four months. I've been really busy and yet I feel like I haven't done anything constructive. You ever get in one of those moods where you are just mad or dislike everything? Food doesn't taste good, clothes don't feel good, bad hair days, bad face days, ya just want to crawl under and rock and sleep all day days. My two forms of entertainment lately have either been eating or sleeping. I'm one of those "emotional eaters". I get my feelings hurt....I eat. I get upset.....I eat. Depressed......eat. A celebration or a happy occassion......We EAT!!! Ugh!!! I spent the first five months of this year sweating and working my butt off and watching what I eat to loose 15 pounds. It only took two and a half to gain it all back!!! It's September 1st and I am making a vow that starting tomorrow I am going to get back on track and stay on track through the end of the year. Back to exercising, back to working out, back to eating healthy!!!! No more procrastinating! No more excuses! (although I did have some pretty good ones) Cracked my elbow, chipped my thumb, had my heart broken, and broke my toe. All of which were excuses to pig out or not work out.

Fortunately, most of those have healed and life will go on. I just need to stay focused and make healthy choices for myself, physically and emotionally. Now, check out this new cake recipe!!! Ha Ha!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Special Grilled Veggies

1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed (I used fresh green beans)
1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings
1 large sweet red pepper, cut into strips
1 large sweet yellow pepper, cut into strips
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; mix well.  Add the vegetables and turn to coat.  Seal and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight, turning once. 
Drain and reserve marinade.  Place vegetables in a grill basket or disposable foil pan with slits cut in the bottom.  Grill, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.  Turn; baste with reserved marinade.  Grill 5-8 minutes longer or until the vegetables are tender.  4-6 servings

Here is another easy to prepare and clean up dish.  You add all the ingredients to a large zip lock bag and I just cooked it on foil on the grill so there wasn't anything to clean up.  I substituted green beans for asparagus because I am not a fan of asparagus.  (there is a story there but I won't go into it right now :)  This would make a great side dish next to anything you cook on the grill.  Fresh, tasty and healthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment