Getting Back on Track

No more procrastinating. I have to get back on track and get out of this funky mood I've been in for four months. I've been really busy and yet I feel like I haven't done anything constructive. You ever get in one of those moods where you are just mad or dislike everything? Food doesn't taste good, clothes don't feel good, bad hair days, bad face days, ya just want to crawl under and rock and sleep all day days. My two forms of entertainment lately have either been eating or sleeping. I'm one of those "emotional eaters". I get my feelings hurt....I eat. I get upset.....I eat. Depressed......eat. A celebration or a happy occassion......We EAT!!! Ugh!!! I spent the first five months of this year sweating and working my butt off and watching what I eat to loose 15 pounds. It only took two and a half to gain it all back!!! It's September 1st and I am making a vow that starting tomorrow I am going to get back on track and stay on track through the end of the year. Back to exercising, back to working out, back to eating healthy!!!! No more procrastinating! No more excuses! (although I did have some pretty good ones) Cracked my elbow, chipped my thumb, had my heart broken, and broke my toe. All of which were excuses to pig out or not work out.

Fortunately, most of those have healed and life will go on. I just need to stay focused and make healthy choices for myself, physically and emotionally. Now, check out this new cake recipe!!! Ha Ha!

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Cracker Snack

1 cup vegetable oil

4 tbsp. dill weed

1 package Hidden Valley salad dressing mix (not buttermilk)

1 24-ounce package oyster crackers

Mix all together, drain on paper towels and store in covered container.

Goldfish cracker snackOkay, first of all, don’t wait until the weekend before Christmas to make these because you will not find an oyster cracker within 30 miles of town.  I went to every store we have and all of the oyster crackers were gone.  Apparently I’m not the only person in town who likes to make this snack at Christmas time.  I started thinking about what I could use in place of the oyster cracker and it occurred to me that it’s just a little cracker so I figured the regular flavor goldfish would probably work as a substitute.  While I was coloring outside the lines I also thought it would be cool to use the Spicy Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix instead of the regular just to give the crackers a little extra kick.  So here is how I put this all together…..

I used a 30 ounce box of goldfish crackers, the box looks like a giant milk carton.  Pour all of the goldfish into a large plastic bowl.  Open and sprinkle 2 packages of Spicy Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix all over the goldfish.  (2 because there are more goldfish in this box than oyster crackers that come in the 24 ounce bag)  Next sprinkle 5 tablespoons of dill weed (again, more because there are more goldfish) over the crackers.  Mix all of this together thoroughly and then slowly add the cup of oil.  Mix/fold, mix/fold, mix/fold to coat the goldfish completely.  Place two paper towels on two cooking sheets and spread the goldfish out evenly on both trays.  I don’t like my crackers greasy so I baked them at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, just to dry up the oil a little.  Remove the paper towels and let goldfish cool.  Store in air tight containers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment