Getting Back on Track

No more procrastinating. I have to get back on track and get out of this funky mood I've been in for four months. I've been really busy and yet I feel like I haven't done anything constructive. You ever get in one of those moods where you are just mad or dislike everything? Food doesn't taste good, clothes don't feel good, bad hair days, bad face days, ya just want to crawl under and rock and sleep all day days. My two forms of entertainment lately have either been eating or sleeping. I'm one of those "emotional eaters". I get my feelings hurt....I eat. I get upset.....I eat. Depressed......eat. A celebration or a happy occassion......We EAT!!! Ugh!!! I spent the first five months of this year sweating and working my butt off and watching what I eat to loose 15 pounds. It only took two and a half to gain it all back!!! It's September 1st and I am making a vow that starting tomorrow I am going to get back on track and stay on track through the end of the year. Back to exercising, back to working out, back to eating healthy!!!! No more procrastinating! No more excuses! (although I did have some pretty good ones) Cracked my elbow, chipped my thumb, had my heart broken, and broke my toe. All of which were excuses to pig out or not work out.

Fortunately, most of those have healed and life will go on. I just need to stay focused and make healthy choices for myself, physically and emotionally. Now, check out this new cake recipe!!! Ha Ha!

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas Pretzels

2 packages of pretzel rods

1 package each of milk chocolate and white chocolate melting chocolate (almond bark)

Assorted colored sugars, sprinkles, cookie decorations, etc..

Merry Christmas PretzelsMelt one of the chocolates in a microwavable safe bowl.  Use 40 second intervals, stirring after each, until chocolate is melted and easy to stir.   Prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for pretzel rods to cool on.  You’ll also need a paper plate to catch excess sprinkles that fall off as you go.  Using one pretzel rod at a time, coat the pretzel leaving about an inch and a half at the end where you are holding it.  Once the rod is coated, swirl the rod around in a circle and shake excess chocolate off of pretzel rod so that it is evenly coated and not globed on.  Use any one color or multiple colors of sprinkles to coat over the chocolate.  Place rod on parchment paper lined cookie sheet to cool.  Continue until all of the first chocolate is gone then melt the second batch of chocolate and repeat directions with it.  You’ll find that the lighter colored  sprinkles will show up better on the dark chocolate and the dark colored sprinkles will show up better on the white chocolate.  Hold the pretzel rods over a paper plate as you shake sprinkles and then when you have accumulated enough, use what is on the plate to decorate a few of the pretzels.  This will give you a few eclectic ones!  This is a good sweet/savory snack that looks pretty, fun to make and nice to give as gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment