Getting Back on Track

No more procrastinating. I have to get back on track and get out of this funky mood I've been in for four months. I've been really busy and yet I feel like I haven't done anything constructive. You ever get in one of those moods where you are just mad or dislike everything? Food doesn't taste good, clothes don't feel good, bad hair days, bad face days, ya just want to crawl under and rock and sleep all day days. My two forms of entertainment lately have either been eating or sleeping. I'm one of those "emotional eaters". I get my feelings hurt....I eat. I get upset.....I eat. Depressed......eat. A celebration or a happy occassion......We EAT!!! Ugh!!! I spent the first five months of this year sweating and working my butt off and watching what I eat to loose 15 pounds. It only took two and a half to gain it all back!!! It's September 1st and I am making a vow that starting tomorrow I am going to get back on track and stay on track through the end of the year. Back to exercising, back to working out, back to eating healthy!!!! No more procrastinating! No more excuses! (although I did have some pretty good ones) Cracked my elbow, chipped my thumb, had my heart broken, and broke my toe. All of which were excuses to pig out or not work out.

Fortunately, most of those have healed and life will go on. I just need to stay focused and make healthy choices for myself, physically and emotionally. Now, check out this new cake recipe!!! Ha Ha!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

S'mores Ice Cream Sandwiches - June Block of the Month Club

1 box regular graham crackers
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 bag large marshmallows
vanilla ice cream

Let ice cream set out for 15 minutes to soften, spread it into a rectangular cake pan.  (use 1 carton in a 9x9 pan)  Smooth out the ice cream then place back in the freezer to allow to harden.

Microwave your chocolate chips then stir in cream to create a thick chocolate sauce.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spread out your marshmallows on it (1 per sandwich) and broil in the oven 2 or 3 minutes until golden brown.

Assemble your sandwiches by cutting a square of ice cream the size of half a graham cracker, then add a marshmallow, then a spoonful of chocolate sauce to help the top graham cracker stick on.  Serve immediately or place back in freezer for later.

Confession....I did not make this recipe this time.  I am not a huge fan of Smores and I really don't care for ice cream.  I'm sure these are delish but I'll let you be the judge. And here is my block for June, it's called "Home Sweet Home"  (see the houses?!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment