Getting Back on Track

No more procrastinating. I have to get back on track and get out of this funky mood I've been in for four months. I've been really busy and yet I feel like I haven't done anything constructive. You ever get in one of those moods where you are just mad or dislike everything? Food doesn't taste good, clothes don't feel good, bad hair days, bad face days, ya just want to crawl under and rock and sleep all day days. My two forms of entertainment lately have either been eating or sleeping. I'm one of those "emotional eaters". I get my feelings hurt....I eat. I get upset.....I eat. Depressed......eat. A celebration or a happy occassion......We EAT!!! Ugh!!! I spent the first five months of this year sweating and working my butt off and watching what I eat to loose 15 pounds. It only took two and a half to gain it all back!!! It's September 1st and I am making a vow that starting tomorrow I am going to get back on track and stay on track through the end of the year. Back to exercising, back to working out, back to eating healthy!!!! No more procrastinating! No more excuses! (although I did have some pretty good ones) Cracked my elbow, chipped my thumb, had my heart broken, and broke my toe. All of which were excuses to pig out or not work out.

Fortunately, most of those have healed and life will go on. I just need to stay focused and make healthy choices for myself, physically and emotionally. Now, check out this new cake recipe!!! Ha Ha!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Lemon Monkey Bread

12 Rhodes dinner rolls, thawed but still cold
zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp melted butter

Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
Lemon Monkey Bread, Tex Mex Egg Bake, Fruity Salad 

Cut rolls in half and place in a greased 9x13 pan.  Drizzle with melted butter.  Mix lemon zest and sugar together in a small bowl.  Sprinkle half of the lemon sugar mixture over the rolls.  Cover and let rise till doubled.  Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture on top.  Bake at 350 degrees about 20-25 minutes.  Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over rolls while still warm. 

Well who doesn't love Monkey Bread?!!!  I love this stuff and we use to have it every Christmas at my mother-in-laws house.  I have to say that I haven't had any in a long time (hint, hint Nana).  I have tried to make regular monkey bread myself but I can't make it as good as Nana's.  When I saw this recipe for Lemon Monkey Bread I just about went bananas!  ;)

I made this for a breakfast/brunch and it was so good!  The only thing is that to me, if you use all the sugar and zest mixture it can be a bit much.  So as you sprinkle it on before and after the rolls rise just eyeball how much you think you need.  If you want yours really sweet then by all means use it all!  This is really a nice change from the traditional recipe so try it out on your friends and family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment