Getting Back on Track

No more procrastinating. I have to get back on track and get out of this funky mood I've been in for four months. I've been really busy and yet I feel like I haven't done anything constructive. You ever get in one of those moods where you are just mad or dislike everything? Food doesn't taste good, clothes don't feel good, bad hair days, bad face days, ya just want to crawl under and rock and sleep all day days. My two forms of entertainment lately have either been eating or sleeping. I'm one of those "emotional eaters". I get my feelings hurt....I eat. I get upset.....I eat. Depressed......eat. A celebration or a happy occassion......We EAT!!! Ugh!!! I spent the first five months of this year sweating and working my butt off and watching what I eat to loose 15 pounds. It only took two and a half to gain it all back!!! It's September 1st and I am making a vow that starting tomorrow I am going to get back on track and stay on track through the end of the year. Back to exercising, back to working out, back to eating healthy!!!! No more procrastinating! No more excuses! (although I did have some pretty good ones) Cracked my elbow, chipped my thumb, had my heart broken, and broke my toe. All of which were excuses to pig out or not work out.

Fortunately, most of those have healed and life will go on. I just need to stay focused and make healthy choices for myself, physically and emotionally. Now, check out this new cake recipe!!! Ha Ha!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bob's Pot Roast

Okay readers, I'm finished with the Pioneer Woman and plan to start on a new cookbook this week.  In the meantime I figured I needed to post something so here is my recipe for pot roast aka Bob's Pot Roast.  Keep in mind, this is intended for human consumption but Mr. Little Bob is an incredibly picky eater and the only thing I can get him to eat without having to cover it up with cheese is my pot roast.  So here goes.  By the way, you can cook this roast in either a crock pot or oven depending on whether or not your roast is fresh or frozen.  Yes, I said frozen.  Several years ago I was talking with a grandmother friend that I had and she told me that she always slow cooks her roast in a crock pot frozen.  I gave it a try and it works perfectly so there is no need to thaw out your roast ahead of time if that is what you have.

1 beef rump or shoulder roast
1 pkg of frozen stew vegetables
1 pkg of brown gravy mix
1 pkg of beef stew mix
2 cups water

Set crock pot to cook on medium to medium high.  (Mine has settings for 4, 6, 8 and 10 hours and I always use the 8 hour setting)  Set unwrapped, frozen roast in center of the crock pot.  Sprinkle the package of frozen vegetables around the roast.  On top of the meat and veggies, sprinkle the brown gravy mix and the beef stew mix.  Slowly add two cups of water so that you don't completely disturb the seasoning on top of the roast and veggies.  (This makes a nice coating as it cooks)  Place the lid on the pot then go work in the yard or go shopping or if you must, go to work.  It will be perfect when you get back!  Remove meat and veggies from the pot and make gravy with the drippings.  You may have to add another package of gravy mix or what I do is just mix up a couple of tbsps of corn starch in a half cup of water and mix that with the drippings from the crock pot in a sauce pan on medium heat over the stove. 

If you want to cook your roast fresh, heat oven to 325 degrees, mix all ingredients according to directions in a roasting pan and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

             I don't have a picture of my pot roast so here is a picture of my picky eater!

No comments:

Post a Comment