Getting Back on Track

No more procrastinating. I have to get back on track and get out of this funky mood I've been in for four months. I've been really busy and yet I feel like I haven't done anything constructive. You ever get in one of those moods where you are just mad or dislike everything? Food doesn't taste good, clothes don't feel good, bad hair days, bad face days, ya just want to crawl under and rock and sleep all day days. My two forms of entertainment lately have either been eating or sleeping. I'm one of those "emotional eaters". I get my feelings hurt....I eat. I get upset.....I eat. Depressed......eat. A celebration or a happy occassion......We EAT!!! Ugh!!! I spent the first five months of this year sweating and working my butt off and watching what I eat to loose 15 pounds. It only took two and a half to gain it all back!!! It's September 1st and I am making a vow that starting tomorrow I am going to get back on track and stay on track through the end of the year. Back to exercising, back to working out, back to eating healthy!!!! No more procrastinating! No more excuses! (although I did have some pretty good ones) Cracked my elbow, chipped my thumb, had my heart broken, and broke my toe. All of which were excuses to pig out or not work out.

Fortunately, most of those have healed and life will go on. I just need to stay focused and make healthy choices for myself, physically and emotionally. Now, check out this new cake recipe!!! Ha Ha!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Tis The Season......for Halloween!

The most wonderful time of the year....for  me anyway.  I LOVE fall, October and especially Halloween!  I can't really explain the obsession, it's not like I get to do anything special.  I thought that by having kids I could live vicariously through them when it came to trick or treating.  WRONG!  My kids were never really into trick or treating.  My husband and I would set out with them and plan to visit all the streets in an entire neighborhood.  After two streets our kids were complaining "I'm tired", "Carry me", "Carry my sword", "Carry my bag", "This mask is hot".  My husband and I would be like "Come on, only 3 more streets to go!" I looked forward to Oct. 31st every year when they were little but it just didn't have the same effect on them that it did with me.  You see, I was deprived as a child when it came to trick or treating.  First of all, it was always cold on Halloween when we were kids.  So I may have been dressed up like a princess or a witch or a kitty cat, whatever.  My mom would wrap me up in a coat, a scarf, a knit cap and sometimes gloves.  By the time I got to one of the three houses I was allowed to trick or treat at and rang the bell, no one knew what I was supposed to be.  "Oh look...Honey, come to the door and see this....it's a kid dressed as an over protected child!"  Yep, that was me, deep down inside I was just a witch screaming to come out.  (Ironic isn't it!)   I still love it though.  Can't explain why.  I don't dress up and I'm a little old for trick or treating and if you know me at all you know that I will not step foot into any place that is haunted be it a house, hotel, B&B, etc.  I love going to theme parks and haunted houses and such but when it comes to the real deal you can count me out.  I love scary movies but only if I can watch them during the day and I have to admit that I usually sleep with a light on when I'm home by myself.  So this fetish I have with October 31st is a little strange to say the least.  I just love all the decorations, the colors, the pumpkins and that fact that for one day out of the year you can dress up and act like anyone you want for the entire day and no one will think anything is wrong with you.  It's a day where you can be anyone else that you want to be and get away with it. It's like you get to be in your own fantasy land for the day.  I love spooky but not scary.  I love creepy but not frightening.  I love candy corn.  I love that it gets dark early. I love the idea of ghostly encounters but should I ever see one I better have a change of clothes handy!  I would be really scared if I saw a stranger ghost but I have often wondered if I would be afraid if I saw a relative ghost.  Would I run away or would I try to talk to them, touch them?  Hmmm.  Thinking about it, I think I would be scared.  Anyway, what is the point of this long winded post?  For the next month I will be chewing and reviewing Halloween treats and recipes.  Spooky cookies and creepy treats, so stay tuned and check back weekly to see what I have conjured up for Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment