Getting Back on Track

No more procrastinating. I have to get back on track and get out of this funky mood I've been in for four months. I've been really busy and yet I feel like I haven't done anything constructive. You ever get in one of those moods where you are just mad or dislike everything? Food doesn't taste good, clothes don't feel good, bad hair days, bad face days, ya just want to crawl under and rock and sleep all day days. My two forms of entertainment lately have either been eating or sleeping. I'm one of those "emotional eaters". I get my feelings hurt....I eat. I get upset.....I eat. Depressed......eat. A celebration or a happy occassion......We EAT!!! Ugh!!! I spent the first five months of this year sweating and working my butt off and watching what I eat to loose 15 pounds. It only took two and a half to gain it all back!!! It's September 1st and I am making a vow that starting tomorrow I am going to get back on track and stay on track through the end of the year. Back to exercising, back to working out, back to eating healthy!!!! No more procrastinating! No more excuses! (although I did have some pretty good ones) Cracked my elbow, chipped my thumb, had my heart broken, and broke my toe. All of which were excuses to pig out or not work out.

Fortunately, most of those have healed and life will go on. I just need to stay focused and make healthy choices for myself, physically and emotionally. Now, check out this new cake recipe!!! Ha Ha!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Pioneer Woman Cooks - Crash Hot Potatoes

12 whole new potatoes
Kosher salt to taste
3 tbsp olive oil
black pepper to taste
minced rosemary (or other herb of choice) to taste

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, boil the potatoes in lightly salted water until fork tender for about 20 minutes.  Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.  Place the potatoes on a baking sheet.  Using a potato masher, gently press down to mash each one.  Rotate the masher 90 degrees then mash again.  Drizzle the tops of the potatoes with olive oil.  Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper and rosemary.  Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.

Basically this is just another way to prepare and serve new potatoes.  I didn't find them to be particularly attractive to serve but they were easy to make and tasted pretty good as a side dish to the pulled pork.  It would be better to use golf ball size potatoes or bigger.  Some of mine were just a little bit too small and when I smashed them they pretty much fell apart.  The bigger ones did fine so now I know!

Again, I must apologize to my folks for being a no show at our dinner tonight!  Somehow I don't think my Dad is going to let me live this down any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment