Getting Back on Track

No more procrastinating. I have to get back on track and get out of this funky mood I've been in for four months. I've been really busy and yet I feel like I haven't done anything constructive. You ever get in one of those moods where you are just mad or dislike everything? Food doesn't taste good, clothes don't feel good, bad hair days, bad face days, ya just want to crawl under and rock and sleep all day days. My two forms of entertainment lately have either been eating or sleeping. I'm one of those "emotional eaters". I get my feelings hurt....I eat. I get upset.....I eat. Depressed......eat. A celebration or a happy occassion......We EAT!!! Ugh!!! I spent the first five months of this year sweating and working my butt off and watching what I eat to loose 15 pounds. It only took two and a half to gain it all back!!! It's September 1st and I am making a vow that starting tomorrow I am going to get back on track and stay on track through the end of the year. Back to exercising, back to working out, back to eating healthy!!!! No more procrastinating! No more excuses! (although I did have some pretty good ones) Cracked my elbow, chipped my thumb, had my heart broken, and broke my toe. All of which were excuses to pig out or not work out.

Fortunately, most of those have healed and life will go on. I just need to stay focused and make healthy choices for myself, physically and emotionally. Now, check out this new cake recipe!!! Ha Ha!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Grilled Pork Chops with Basil-Garlic Rub

4 pork bone-in rib shops 3/4 inch thick
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon course salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
With machine running, drop garlic through feed tube of food processor to mince.  Stop, add fresh basil and process until chopped.  Add lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper; process to make thin wet rub.  Spread both sides of pork chops with basil mixture.  Let stand 15 to 30 minutes.
Prepare medium hot fire in grill.  Brush grate clean and oil the grate.  Grill chops over direct heat, turning once, to medium rare doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees followed by 3 minutes rest.  Serves 4

Nice tasty pork chop, easy to prepare and had good flavor.  It would have been nice if I could have cooked mine out on the grill but halfway through the cooking the grill ran out of gas.  (Story of my life!)  I finished them under the broiler which didn't affect the flavor but they were missing that grilled out taste.  I used fresh basil that I grow out on my patio which was kind of a pain to chop up because the leaves don't strip off the stem as easy as say rosemary.  It also takes a lot of basil so I added some I had in a jar in the spice cabinet.  Anyway, the rub was easy to make in a food chopper/processor and you just apply it to both sides of the chops and grill.  Easy, pretty and yummy!  Oh, this recipe didn't come out of the Taste of Home Grilling Cookbook.  I found it in the pile of recipes that I tear out of magazines before I discard them so I am sorry to report that I cannot tell you where the recipe came from but don't hold that against me!

No comments:

Post a Comment