Getting Back on Track

No more procrastinating. I have to get back on track and get out of this funky mood I've been in for four months. I've been really busy and yet I feel like I haven't done anything constructive. You ever get in one of those moods where you are just mad or dislike everything? Food doesn't taste good, clothes don't feel good, bad hair days, bad face days, ya just want to crawl under and rock and sleep all day days. My two forms of entertainment lately have either been eating or sleeping. I'm one of those "emotional eaters". I get my feelings hurt....I eat. I get upset.....I eat. Depressed......eat. A celebration or a happy occassion......We EAT!!! Ugh!!! I spent the first five months of this year sweating and working my butt off and watching what I eat to loose 15 pounds. It only took two and a half to gain it all back!!! It's September 1st and I am making a vow that starting tomorrow I am going to get back on track and stay on track through the end of the year. Back to exercising, back to working out, back to eating healthy!!!! No more procrastinating! No more excuses! (although I did have some pretty good ones) Cracked my elbow, chipped my thumb, had my heart broken, and broke my toe. All of which were excuses to pig out or not work out.

Fortunately, most of those have healed and life will go on. I just need to stay focused and make healthy choices for myself, physically and emotionally. Now, check out this new cake recipe!!! Ha Ha!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mummy's Taco Dip

1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 tbsps minced garlic
1 (1 pound) package ground sirloin
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 8-ounce package shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 15.25-ounce can black beans, drained
3 tbsps olive oil
2 10-inch four tortillas, cut into 1 inch strips
Garnish:  tortilla chips, sliced green olives

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.  In a large saucepan or skillet, melt butter.  Add onions and garlic and cook over medium-high heat until tender, about 10 minutes.  Add ground sirloin; cook until browned and crumply, about 15 minutes.  Add taco seasoning and diced tomatoes and green chiles.  Cook, stirring often, for 10  minutes, or until liquid is almost completely reduced.  Add cream cheese and shredded cheese; cook, stirring often, until melted and smooth.  Stir in black beans.  Spoon mixture into prepared dish.  Lightly brush tortilla strips with olive oil.  Place tortilla strips in desired mummy-face pattern.  Bake taco dip mixture for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish with tortilla chips and sliced green olives, if desired. Serve war with tortilla chips.

This dip was pretty easy to make and was extremly tasty.  My guys really liked it and so did I.  It had a nacho, taco, cheesy taste and it was good to have a dip that you serve warm as opposed to a cold dip.  You could make this dip any time and just top it with extra cheese before you bake it instead of dressing it up like a mummy.  It would make a great dip at Super Bowl time or when you have to bring a dish to a potluck get together.

1 comment: