Getting Back on Track

No more procrastinating. I have to get back on track and get out of this funky mood I've been in for four months. I've been really busy and yet I feel like I haven't done anything constructive. You ever get in one of those moods where you are just mad or dislike everything? Food doesn't taste good, clothes don't feel good, bad hair days, bad face days, ya just want to crawl under and rock and sleep all day days. My two forms of entertainment lately have either been eating or sleeping. I'm one of those "emotional eaters". I get my feelings hurt....I eat. I get upset.....I eat. Depressed......eat. A celebration or a happy occassion......We EAT!!! Ugh!!! I spent the first five months of this year sweating and working my butt off and watching what I eat to loose 15 pounds. It only took two and a half to gain it all back!!! It's September 1st and I am making a vow that starting tomorrow I am going to get back on track and stay on track through the end of the year. Back to exercising, back to working out, back to eating healthy!!!! No more procrastinating! No more excuses! (although I did have some pretty good ones) Cracked my elbow, chipped my thumb, had my heart broken, and broke my toe. All of which were excuses to pig out or not work out.

Fortunately, most of those have healed and life will go on. I just need to stay focused and make healthy choices for myself, physically and emotionally. Now, check out this new cake recipe!!! Ha Ha!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Chicken Marsala

1 package of Lawry’s Tuscan Style Chicken Marsala Seasoning

1 pound of chicken breast cutlets (thin) I used two packages

1 1/2 pounds of sliced, fresh mushrooms

1/2 cup red wine

1 cup water

2 tbs butter

Olive Oil

Lawry's Chicken MarsalaFollow basic directions on the seasoning packet to prepare chicken and mushrooms.  (I seasoned my chicken with salt and pepper before adding to the pan.)  Brown chicken in oil and set aside.  Sauté mushrooms in remaining oil (add 1-2 tbsp more if needed)  and cook for 3 minutes.  (I added a tbsp of butter here.)  Add the seasoning packet and 1 1/2 cups water. (Here is where I changed it, I added 1/2 cup red wine and 1 cup of water) stir sauce to combine then let simmer.  (I added another tbsp of butter to the sauce to make it a bit richer and thicker)  When sauce is ready add chicken back to the pan and simmer.  Can be served with pasta, rice or potatoes.

chicken marsala

This is the first time I have tried this season packet and I have to say that it is the shortest short cut from another regular chicken dish to OMG! GOOD chicken dish!  I had a dish similar to this at a restaurant called Brio, they called it Chicken Under A Brick (cuz it was flattened that way) and it had Marsala sauce on it just like this!  When I first opened the seasoning packet I stuck my finger in to taste the mix before I added the water.  I wanted to see if it was going to have the same flavor base as the Brio dish I had had and it did so that is when I decided that it would be better made with red wine instead of just water.  Who am I kidding, everything is better when it’s made with wine!  Anyway, for a quick, impressive, flavorful one dish dinner you can’t loose with this one.  I’m serving mine with garlic mashed potatoes and a field green salad with raspberry vinaigrette! 

No comments:

Post a Comment