Getting Back on Track

No more procrastinating. I have to get back on track and get out of this funky mood I've been in for four months. I've been really busy and yet I feel like I haven't done anything constructive. You ever get in one of those moods where you are just mad or dislike everything? Food doesn't taste good, clothes don't feel good, bad hair days, bad face days, ya just want to crawl under and rock and sleep all day days. My two forms of entertainment lately have either been eating or sleeping. I'm one of those "emotional eaters". I get my feelings hurt....I eat. I get upset.....I eat. Depressed......eat. A celebration or a happy occassion......We EAT!!! Ugh!!! I spent the first five months of this year sweating and working my butt off and watching what I eat to loose 15 pounds. It only took two and a half to gain it all back!!! It's September 1st and I am making a vow that starting tomorrow I am going to get back on track and stay on track through the end of the year. Back to exercising, back to working out, back to eating healthy!!!! No more procrastinating! No more excuses! (although I did have some pretty good ones) Cracked my elbow, chipped my thumb, had my heart broken, and broke my toe. All of which were excuses to pig out or not work out.

Fortunately, most of those have healed and life will go on. I just need to stay focused and make healthy choices for myself, physically and emotionally. Now, check out this new cake recipe!!! Ha Ha!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Black Cat Cookies

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
3 tsps vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup baking cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
48 candy corn candies
24 red hot candies or red M&Ms

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.  Roll dough into 1-1/2 inch balls.  Place 3 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet.

Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.  (May need to moisten the glass bottom first)  Pinch top of cookie to form ears.  For whiskers, press a fork twice into each cookie.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes or until cookies are set.  Remove from the oven and immediately press on candy corn for eyes and red hots or M&Ms for noses.  Remove to wire racks to cool.  Makes 2 dozen

I have to say that I expected a lot more from these cookies.  It takes a little patience to make them and frankly I wouldn't make them unless you are baking them for a class party for small children.  I've baked a lot of home made cookies in my day and having done so, my bunch expects a great tasting cookie.  These are on the bland side if you ask me.  I used cinnamon sugar on my cookies instead of regular hoping that it would improve the taste but it didn't.  If you were making these cookies in your own kitchen with small children then it would be a fun fall project to do together but I wouldn't make these and serve them to adults who are use to cookies with some sort of chips added in.  On a scale of 1 - 10 I give these a 4.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment