Getting Back on Track

No more procrastinating. I have to get back on track and get out of this funky mood I've been in for four months. I've been really busy and yet I feel like I haven't done anything constructive. You ever get in one of those moods where you are just mad or dislike everything? Food doesn't taste good, clothes don't feel good, bad hair days, bad face days, ya just want to crawl under and rock and sleep all day days. My two forms of entertainment lately have either been eating or sleeping. I'm one of those "emotional eaters". I get my feelings hurt....I eat. I get upset.....I eat. Depressed......eat. A celebration or a happy occassion......We EAT!!! Ugh!!! I spent the first five months of this year sweating and working my butt off and watching what I eat to loose 15 pounds. It only took two and a half to gain it all back!!! It's September 1st and I am making a vow that starting tomorrow I am going to get back on track and stay on track through the end of the year. Back to exercising, back to working out, back to eating healthy!!!! No more procrastinating! No more excuses! (although I did have some pretty good ones) Cracked my elbow, chipped my thumb, had my heart broken, and broke my toe. All of which were excuses to pig out or not work out.

Fortunately, most of those have healed and life will go on. I just need to stay focused and make healthy choices for myself, physically and emotionally. Now, check out this new cake recipe!!! Ha Ha!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Owl Pizza

1 owl, feathers removed
just kidding :)

1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 flat bread or prepared pizza dough/crust
1/2 cup shredded three-cheese Italian blend
2 slices onion (eyes)
12 slices pepperoni (wings and eyes)
1 black olive, sliced (eyes, I used green)
1/4 red bell pepper (nose)
1/4 orange bell pepper (ears)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spread pizza sauce over flat bread or pizza dough/crust leaving a 1/2 inch border; sprinkle with cheese in the shape of an owl.  Use 5 slices of pepperoni per wing,  placing pepperoni on each side of body, slighly overlapping slices.  For the eyes, place onion slices on face.  Place a pepperoni slice on each onion; top each with a olive slice.  Cut red and orange peppers into triangles.  Place 1 red triangle in the center for nose; place orange pepper triangles for ears.  Bake at 375 for 8 - 10 minutes or until heated and cheese melts.  For a crisper pizza bake 12 - 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment