Getting Back on Track

No more procrastinating. I have to get back on track and get out of this funky mood I've been in for four months. I've been really busy and yet I feel like I haven't done anything constructive. You ever get in one of those moods where you are just mad or dislike everything? Food doesn't taste good, clothes don't feel good, bad hair days, bad face days, ya just want to crawl under and rock and sleep all day days. My two forms of entertainment lately have either been eating or sleeping. I'm one of those "emotional eaters". I get my feelings hurt....I eat. I get upset.....I eat. Depressed......eat. A celebration or a happy occassion......We EAT!!! Ugh!!! I spent the first five months of this year sweating and working my butt off and watching what I eat to loose 15 pounds. It only took two and a half to gain it all back!!! It's September 1st and I am making a vow that starting tomorrow I am going to get back on track and stay on track through the end of the year. Back to exercising, back to working out, back to eating healthy!!!! No more procrastinating! No more excuses! (although I did have some pretty good ones) Cracked my elbow, chipped my thumb, had my heart broken, and broke my toe. All of which were excuses to pig out or not work out.

Fortunately, most of those have healed and life will go on. I just need to stay focused and make healthy choices for myself, physically and emotionally. Now, check out this new cake recipe!!! Ha Ha!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Today's the big day!

Well, it's finally here!  The most fun day of the year, well for me anyway.  I've got my pumpkin earrings on, my Halloween socks on and the cutest Halloween shirt that my sister gave me for my birthday. The house is all decked out in ghost, witches and pumpkins of all shapes and sizes.  If only I weren't too old to trick or treat!

I've always felt that there was a little inner witch in me somewhere.  Not necessarily good and not necessarily bad, just wickedly fun with a few tricks up her sleeve.  My kids are grown so there won't be any trick or treating with them, but, I do have little nieces and nephews and some of us are going to trick or treat around our town square this afternoon.  It's a beautiful day outside today and so it should be great fun.  I'm going to dress Mr. Little Bob up in his bumble bee costume and put him in his stroller.  (Yes, I said stroller.  He has the cutest red stroller that I take him places with me!)  Anyway, after going to town this afternoon I plan to borrow my mother in laws house to pass out candy to the little ghost and goblins that will be haunting her neighborhood tonight.  I live too far out in the country and we don't get trick or treaters in my neck of the woods.  Afterwards I'll probably come home and watch something scary on TV.  My big Halloween celebration was this past Saturday night at a party held at my sister in laws house. It also happened to be my birthday so there was a lot to celebrate.  I had a fantastic birthday and great fun at the party.  Too bad I wasn't born on the 31st.  How fitting would that be for this witch at heart



                        Happy Halloween to all of my readers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment